I’m not a businessman. I’m an educator. I’ve lived my entire life with a central focus on impacting kids, not making money. What I have learned a couple years into the business world is that the business owner is not the person to go to for an unbiased opinion of the business. A coach isn’t the person to talk to for a reasonable opinion about that same coach.
#MakeShots is whatever parents, players, and coaches think of it. Here’s some of what they’ve shared. I didn’t include names because it’s their words, not their status, that I think is important.
* “Coach Secor builds relationships. He truly cared about our son. First as a kid, second as a player. Our son looked forward to each workout and Coach Sector’s attention to detail made a positive impact on Andrew and his game.”
* “Coach saved my son’s season- kept him positive during a difficult win-loss year, I honestly don’t know if he would have developed this season without Coach Secor. Instead, he thrived.”
* “#MakeShots is a unique program that incorporates individualized shooting instruction with close attention to detail. It’s not a one method fits all approach. Not only is ***** a better shooter, but his confidence has also grown tremendously. You want someone who understands how to work with adolescents. Andy’s experience as a basketball coach, teacher and leader is invaluable.”
* “He made the team! Not sure which one yet but he said he didn’t think we would’ve made it if it weren’t for your training so thanks again!!”
* “Last summer, I sent you shooting footage of my daughter. Without having the slightest idea of who my family is, you took the time to watch the video and provide a fair amount of feedback. That was awesome, man. Thank you. It’s pretty clear you have a passion for helping folks.”
* “There are many great trainers out there but none that will personally invest so much time in making your player better like Coach Secor. The #MakeShots program works with each shooter’s unique mechanics and Coach Secor collects and analyzes data to measure improvement over time. My daughter looks forward to each #MakeShots session and can’t wait for the camp!”
* “The #MakeShots training program is a great way to work on getting a ton of repetition at game speed for game situations while working on the right mechanics of your shot. If you want to become a better shooter and see improvement then this is the training you need to go to.”
* “For the past year, I have had the opportunity to train with Coach Secor at #MakeShots. Coach is one of the best at teaching the fundamentals of shooting in the area. He knows how to teach and motivate me personally to become a better shooter every day. The way Coach Secor teaches and trains me to shoot prepares me to step on the court with confidence that I can succeed each and every game. If you are looking at improving your shot, you should plan on training with Coach Secor”
* “The players I’ve had go to #MakeShots training have seen measurable, significant improvement with their shots. Andy is incredibly detailed with his approach, not just with a player’s shot but by having consistent dialogue with me as a coach to find out how players will be used, what type of shots they actually get in games, and the types of actions we use to try getting kids open. Andy goes the extra mile by studying game film and analyzing every shot each player takes, then tailors workouts to address what he sees. I think #MakeShots uses a really comprehensive approach that I’ve not seen from other trainers before.”
* “Through tryouts and early season play, ***** shot about 35% from the free-throw line. In the last three to four weeks he has been shooting about 65%, including two makes after an intentional foul at the end of a one-point game. He has been working very hard and refers openly to the lessons he learned from you.”
* “In a society with individual education plans, #MakeShots gives players an individualized shooting plan that helps them analyze and learn more about their shot and how to improve it than any other training option I’ve seen.”
* “The #MakeShots program has helped our program develop more skilled and fundamentally sound shooters. In the time we have utilized the specialized and made-to-design shooting program, we were able to customize the approach that worked not only for our team, but for individuals as well. Coach Secor presented a 10-week program that we were able to implement during the season and it came with great results. I am so confident with what he offers, that we are going to bring him back during the summer as well as next season!!”
* Coach Secor’s extensive experience in coaching and his knowledge of shootings skills and mechanics make this program a must for any serious player looking to improve their game”
* “My son played high school for Coach Secor and went on to be a college All- American. I could not be more pleased to recommend him to help your son or daughter.”